UMCAT School of journalism and mass communication is a leading privately run Media Training Institution in Uganda today.
It provides progressive and highly relevant training and education in jounalism and mass communication and other related courses.
The school is under the Directorate of training of United Madia Consultants and
Trainners(UMCAT) U Ltd. a company registered and incorporated under section16(1) of the Companies Act of the Republic of Uganda.
UMCAT (U) Ltd.
is run by proffessional journalists who offer proffessional services in
Since its inception in1996, the school has attracted an increasing nimber of student
fromallover East, Central,West Africa and the Far East.Those who have gone through the schoolhave recorded profound success
and a high level of performance in the field.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES OF SETTING UP THE SCHOOL :
The major aims & objectives were inter-alia;
· Provide adequate training,advise,guidance,command & control in the media
· Increase professionalism for the betterment of the press.
· Train cadre in various capacities of performance in the media i.e Free-lance
reporters & writers,Broadcasters etc.
· Promote recognition, respect and liking for the Journalism career.
· Provide basic knowledge in the field of Journalism and Mass Communication.
We exist in accordance with section22/33 of the Education Act 1970 of the Government of
Uganda. The school operates under registration no. PVS/U/13.
We corperate with the East African Media Instistute (EAMI)-Uganda chapter, The Uganda Media
Council. National Institute of Journalists of Uganda(NIJA) Uganda Journalists Associations (UJA) among othe